You’re reading 6 Effective Ways to stop Pretending and be Original, originally posted on Pick the Brain | Motivation and Self Improvement. If you’re enjoying this, please visit our site for more inspirational articles.
When dealing with people, let us remember we are not dealing with creatures of logic. We are dealing with creatures of emotion. – Dale Carnegie.
We are creature of ego; we try to hide our feeling often, mostly we don’t want others to know our weakness and to let them realized that we are independent and don’t need anyone intervention to be free, to make decisions and capable enough, whereas deep down we have so many things we are ignorant of or need the help of someone better than we do.
You might be hurt by friends, family and others, just because of the doctrine we have been ignorantly belief in makes us to keep calm when we ought to talk, Accept bully when we ought to reject it, Silent when we ought to speak, apologize when we are right, correct someone who is wrong; but we didn’t act just because you believe someone will form an opinion about your actions.
When an introvert doesn’t have to pretend and act to be an extrovert, thinking that’s the only way to get accepted.
When black don’t have to bleach their skin to resemble a white man. Thinking that’s the best way he can get accepted and look beautiful (Self-Acceptance).
When we are free to talk, play and expressed our mind fully without been fake.
Being original means been unique and don’t have to compare yourself with others, rather think everyone is Special in his own nature.
One of the lessons I have learnt the hard way is to speak my mind at any time, Forgive when I need to, ask for a help whenever I am lost, apologize when wrong, no one is perfect and I don’t need to be perfect, I just have to do the right thing at the right time.
How to know you are living a Pretends life.
1. Trying to feel among, trying to blend yourself to fit people standard.
2. Pleasing everyone and hurting your ego: You are been ask for a help, you knew you can’t be of help and you are not in the position to render that at the moment, you force yourself to do this out of your will and later boomerang on your health, finance.
3. ying yes to all request: You are Mr. Yes, you say yes to every request, find it difficult to say no, whereas for you to succeed in life, learning to say No is important, because you will get to a point in your life where you have to say no, no matter how hurt it may be.
Why you should overcome been pretending and be Original.
To be independent, and not entangle your life with someone else.
2. Build more relationship: when you are real, people will feel it and be free to be around you.
3. It makes you happy: How would you feel not hiding your identity before you make friends, build relationship. Just imagine how life would be.
4. Genuine people will seek for you, not the fake one because they will appreciate your originality.
Ways to overcome being Pretending.
1. Analyze those belief: those thought you hold up that are making you behave this way, write them down, our thought determine how we react to situations, actions towards life, how we carry our self (self-worth) and look vividly on how they are hindering you in every area of life.
2. Make a decision: Plan on how to eliminate those beliefs and take an immediate action to tackle them once and for all. People have known you to be that person, behaving in new ways will look strange to them, and they are going to challenge you, so ready for it, and don’t be scared after all this your own life, don’t rely on someone to make a decision for you, know that they also have their own responsibility.
3. Live your own life: Everyone is different so don’t imitate a celebrity you saw on the T.V, that’s his own way of life, to copy someone lifestyle simply means neglecting yourself and living someone else lives, to avoid that create your own path and walk on it.
- Seek for help: Look for someone who is an experience in this field i.e. consulting coach, Life coach, Mentors and others; they would understand you better than anyone. And help you to come up with method, ideas and ways to overcome it.
- Take responsibility: Take yourself accountable for your actions, don’t feel guilty for doing the right thing, even if others are not supportive, when you are wrong apologize, and when you are in the right path don’t doubt yourself and follow your instinct.
- Enjoy being yourself: Spent some time alone with yourself, you will never know your strength, weakness, capacity, hobbies fully when you spent every moment with someone you have to give fake identity of yourself to get accepted.
How as this article impact you? Share your opinion in the comments section below.
Hello, am Gbemileke Sonde, I specialized on writing motivational and self-improvement articles, a content creator, and a freelancer you can read my blog at http://ift.tt/2xWWmx2 or my twitter handle http://www.twitter.com/mycoacharticle
You’ve read 6 Effective Ways to stop Pretending and be Original, originally posted on Pick the Brain | Motivation and Self Improvement. If you’ve enjoyed this, please visit our site for more inspirational articles.