You’re reading Benefits of Jealousy: 7 Steps to Turn Your Envy into Motivation, originally posted on Pick the Brain | Motivation and Self Improvement. If you’re enjoying this, please visit our site for more inspirational articles.
We all are humans and we are formed by our feelings and emotions. Our emotional state and behavior show our true nature. The way we act and interact with other people shows who we are. We live through both positive and negative emotions. We will surely feel the whole variety of them. Nevertheless, it does not mean that we will definitely feel all of them all time long. It is better to avoid negativism, which can ruin our life. Jealousy and envy are amongst the most conventional and unpleasant emotions that have many negative aspects.
Many people consider these two human emotions as interchangeable feelings. This is a negative emotional response to the action of some people or some events. Nevertheless, their classification is different. It is true that they have a lot in common. Nevertheless, there are differences as well. Envy is the emotion of coveting somebody else possesses. It focuses on the local negativism in the regard of a definite person.
In the meanwhile, jealousy is referred to the fear of losing something. It concentrates on the rivalry itself. Jealousy is solely a negative emotion. However, envy may be reviewed in a positive way because it may bring some dividends to people who envy. They may make them better.
The reasons for envy are various. Some people may think that the success of the others in unfair. The others think that a person may stand in their way and would allow developing properly. Some of the studies registered that our brain reacts to the emotion of envy as if it was a physical pain. As you can see, this matter is serious. However, we can use it for our purposes as well.
Right now, we will learn some intriguing and helpful facts about how to turn envy into your friend and enjoy some profit for self-improvement. How can we turn envy or even jealousy to our advantage?
First of all, you should identify the reasons for your jealousy or envy. Afterward, build a strategy of making use out of it. Here are some useful things that you can learn from the success of the people you envy.
- Learn some lessons. Each successful story has a lot to teach. Think about the helpful things that you can remember to use for your own purposes.
- Reconsider your mistakes. You should ask yourself about the things that left you behind. Probably, you had the same capabilities as your rival but you have somehow missed the opportunity. Analyze the way to the success of your rival.
- Set the right standards. Another thing to make allowances for is to have the reasonable and realistic standards. Probably, yours were too low and they affected your progress in a negative way. On the other hand, you might have had too high expectations, which were not possible to reach.
- Recognize the success of your rivals. One of the most controversial but essential things is the recognition of the achievements of other people. You should find strength and admit their success. In such way, you will be able to think calmly. You will clearly realize the way they achieved those heights.
- Start admiring the others. You should be able to turn your envy into admiration. Instead of hating other people for their prosperity, praise their achievements and learn useful tips.
- Mimic your rivals. As your rivals have reached great success, their methods were correct. Try to repeat their way to success step by step each day.
- Define the point of no return. It is obvious that your rivals slipped up at a definite point. You should identify where you started falling behind and never repeat those mistakes again.
These conclusions are vital and can serve your purpose. You should always keep in mind that you can have the same things too. Evaluate your perspectives and the achievements of your rivals. Try to compare them and start working on yourself.
Don’t forget your strong sides and use them for the maximum success. Quite soon, you will celebrate the great achievements of your own and will impress everybody making them envious.
Petra Mainer is a blogger who is currently writing for GradeScout. She studies Information Management, and now she is eager to become a regular contributor for different entertainment and digital blogs. You can follow her on Twitter @PetraMainer.
You’ve read Benefits of Jealousy: 7 Steps to Turn Your Envy into Motivation, originally posted on Pick the Brain | Motivation and Self Improvement. If you’ve enjoyed this, please visit our site for more inspirational articles.